Monday, May 19, 2008

Washington Trip Part 5

The next day started with a beautiful walk near the water on San Juan Island. Luckily, we had a great hostess at the Friday Harbor House who pointed us in the right direction (we were without car, which was wonderful for a short time). Along this walk we got to see some amazing waterfront property. If I could work there I think I would move to San Juan Island. This is not a park:Next we went on a kayaking trip. Our first one on the ocean! This was a half day trip led by our guide, Jesse, from Discovery Sea Kayaks. It was a little shorter than I would have liked. Next time I think we will go for a full day instead of half day. We were in a tandem kayak and I got to steer. Those things are complicated, as you steer with your feet! Here's Jesse:

Kayaking on the ocean was great and I would recommend it to anyone who has never tried it. It's pretty darn intimidating, what with the waves (they were small too) and the large open areas with deep deep water, but it is sure great!

I'm not even going to bother posting on Day 6, all we did was drive back to Seattle. It was sad leaving Friday Harbor. Here's our ride back to the mainland:

No comments: