Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Comics - Buying Habits

You know, checking comics blogs, which I seem to do way too much at work (shhh...don't tell anyone), I notice that everyone is always up to date. It seems like as soon as the new issues come out on Wednesday, everyone has read, reviewed and posted on all of them.

This is not me. I buy my comics monthly, I know, the shame. I go down to my local comic shop. Well, not my local one, we only have 3 comic shops in town, one of them treats me like crap, the other is in the mall (I hate the mall), and the third is pretty great, but tiny. It is also the farthest away from my house. So, I only go about once a month. Oh, that and I only read about one comic a day. I really enjoy getting my comics and reading them. I am excited every time I visit the shop, but I just can't see going every week.

I also don't like to browse too much. This is for two reasons:

1) I will spend too much money. There is always stuff I want to check out, and I just know that if I were to go and buy every cool thing I saw I would be broke and Mrs Titan would kill me. Also, many trades, etc are cheaper on Amazon, so if I know what I want, I can save some cash.

2) I just love the ability to see what is going to be released in three months and then place an order for what I want to get. This lets me plan what I want to get and I can be a little organized about it. Anything that I want but don't have budgeted for goes on the list to buy in the future.

That leads me to one last point. Lists. I have tons of them. I make lists of things that I am interested in but can't afford or don't want to pay for at the moment. I have lists for DVDs, books, trade paperbacks (comics), and video games. Each is a list of what I plan to buy in the future. I seems unlikely that I will ever get to buy everything on these lists (as they are always changing), but it is nice to be organized about what I want to read and in somewhat of an order of what I want most. I don't miss anything this way!

Well, that's all for today, but I will be back tomorrow to discuss TV, so tune in!

No comments: