Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Friday!

It's Friday and even though I skipped a day I am still running low on material. Work has been crazy lately and what free time I have had has been devoted to a little TV some reading, and helping Mrs Titan study for the GMAT. I even got a little bit of time to play some more GTA IV.

So, I want to talk about something a little different. Not quite pop culture related, but fun nonetheless. I probably eat more fast food than I should. Mrs Titan and I eat out between three and five times a week (counting both lunch and dinner). However, we have one place that is above and beyond our favorite fast food restaurant (maybe favorite restaurant period). Chick-fil-a. Have you been there? There aren't locations everywhere. Only in 37 states. Poor left out 13 states. It started in Atlanta in 1967 and has been spreading north ever since.
Chick-fil-a is the very best fast food restaurant ever. Period. The food is incredibly good. Fresh, warm, tasty everytime. The employees, often high school students (it's fast food duh) are always polite, thoughtful, kind, and fast. Always. I have never been treated poorly. The few times that there has been an error with my order, something as small forgetting to add cheese, all I had to call and a week later I had a hand written apology note with a free meal. Wow! How great is that? The employees are eligible for a $2,000 college scholarship and the company closes on Sundays to allow them to have a day to be with family.

The thing is, the stores are always packed. Even at weird times like 2 in the afternoon there are people lined up to get some fantastic food. The stores are full of happy, smiling kids, adults, and employees. It actually feels good to go there. How many fast food joints can you say that about?
I almost always get the same thing: a regular chicken sandwich with fries and either sweet tea or lemonade. And to top it all off Polynesian sauce for fry dipping. Oh that stuff is good! If you've never had Chick-fil-a, take a trip and get some, it's better than any other chicken place. And, if you have been there before, try the Polynesian sauce for some extra goodness. Alright, I'm hungry now, I'm outta here!

No comments: