Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday Movie Notes and Lessons Learned

I'm doing Friday movies today. I still have to catch up from the trip. So, we're going to do it a little differently. Here are some notes for five movies that we watched lately. These won't be reviews, merely some thoughts.

Fast Food Nation
  • Very disappointing
  • Some scenes were filmed in my home town!
  • Anti-capitalist
  • Put Colorado in a bad light. Boo!
  • Lesson: Better become a vegetarian.

Apocalypto

  • Very well made and enjoyable
  • It reminded me of a much much better 10,000 BC
  • Had humor and heart
  • Not as violent as I expected
  • Action-packed and tense
  • Lesson: don't leave your wife and child in a hole in the ground or she will drown

27 Dresses

  • Not as funny as it could be
  • Seriously, Ed Burns over James Marsden?! I didn't understand that at all!
  • Katherine Heigl can play funny
  • Judy Greer can play funnier
  • Must be the most predictable romantic comedy I have seen in a long time
  • Ed Burns instead of James Marsden? Seriously? I must have NO idea what women want.
  • Lesson: Clean out your closet, it will get you a man.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

  • All I will say is that this is the best Indiana Jones film out of all four of them.
  • I love this movie and think Indy and his dad work perfectly together
  • Lesson: Third time's the charm!

Dan in Real Life

  • Steve Carell is great as a normal and not overly wacky guy
  • There was not as much chemistry as I expected between Carell and Juliette Binoche
  • The first movie I haven't hated Dane Cook!
  • A huge family with a beach house means non-stop family activities
  • Lesson: If you're going to cheat with your brother's girl, leave town!

That's it for today. If anyone has any lessons imparted from a movie lately, feel free to leave it in the comments! Also, today's my birthday, send me presents!

No comments: