Monday, March 17, 2008

Movie Mondays - Music Edition

Saw three movies this weekend, Air Guitar Nation, 10,000 BC, and Breach, but decided to do something different than just review each movie. I will, however, briefly let you know what I thought of each one.

Air Guitar Nation- I wasn't sure what to expect here, but it was a fun, quick movie that really showed a little bit about the Air Guitar Championships (who even knew these existed?!), and showed off, some (surprisingly) great American talent.

10,000 BC - I didn't like this movie. It wasn't because of a lack of realism, which was extreme, and for me, distracting. It was because of a lack of characters you could care about and a poor script that tried too hard to be an epic story. I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the tribe experimenting with agriculture and the different prehistoric animals like the mammoth herds and moa birds. Those were fun, but overall, the movie wasn't.

Breach - This film is about US FBI agent Robert Hanssen, who was spying for the Russians, and Eric O'Neill, the agent assigned to watch him. This movie was great. I did not expect it to be very good after watching "Master Spy: The Robert Hanssen Story," the 2002 made for TV movie, which bored me to no end. Breach, however, is much better and should be seen by anyone who enjoys thrillers or espionage movies.

Now, on to the good stuff, the music. It seems like in the last six months we have been watching a lot of movies with great music. The first piece, from the aforementioned Air Guitar Nation, features the world champion air guitarist, C Diddy, doing his crazy thing:



Next we have a great song "Let's Duet" from Walk Hard: The Legend of Dewey Cox. I thought this movie deserved better, as it was a hilarious film mocking all of the recent biopics about musicians. Every one of the songs from this film deserves a YouTube video, but this one was the most fun. Either way, check out the movie!



Finally, we have the Academy Award winning song from Once. I know I mentioned this movie before, but I thought I should show the actual scene from the movie. This scene shows how the song was built (in the film) and is just amazing. I hope you all enjoy this great song. It is the best song I have ever heard that was written for a movie.



Bonus video, not movie related, but awesome, just for the heck of it!




See you all tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom the Culture Titan,

The Walk Hard video was very funny. Thanks for showing that! Also, the guy playing the guitar is amazing. I'm definitely going to tell my friends to read your blog! Keep up the good work! I can't wait for tomorrow!