Monday, March 10, 2008

Movie Mondays: 5 Movies I Can't Wait to See

I love movies, I watch between 2 and 4 movies every week between all the TV. However, it is a rare movie that makes me want to get out to the theaters. Here are the five movies that I am most looking forward to in the coming year:

Iron Man

Now, I didn't start reading Iron Man in the comics until right around the big Civil War event, so the only version of Iron Man I know is the one no one likes, you know, the manipulative, rich, jerk one. I think he is kinda cool, you know, jaded and conflicted and whatnot. Well, I think just about everyone agrees that the trailer was pretty awesome, so I have high hopes.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Indiana Jones! How awesome is Indy? I still have images of eating monkey brains, pulling hearts from chests, and exploding giant dudes in propellers burned into my brain from when I was a wee Titan. I mean, I know that Harrison Ford is looking a little craggy, but from what I understand, the new movie is set much later than the first three, so it will hopefully make narrative sense.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

One thing you will learn about me is that I love anything that I can relate back to Freaks and Geeks, Judd Apatow's seminal TV series about high school in the '80s, which could be one of the best shows I have ever seen (remind me to post on Freaks and Geeks). Anyway, long story short, Jason Segal, who played Nick Andopolis on F&G, wrote and stars in this film, along side with Kristen Bell from Veronica Mars. Awesome!

Baby Mama

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler starring in this movie. Need I say more?

Pineapple Express

First, I should point out that I am not a huge fan of drug use in any kind of media (and yet I am a big Kevin Smith fan, go figure). So, the fact that this movie is all about an amazing kind of pot seems like it wouldn't be my thing, but again, this is an Apatow produced movie written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, the guys behind Superbad, so I have pretty high expectations (yes, I get the pun). Also, please note the two stars Seth Rogen and James Franco, both Freaks and Geeks alums. And the circle is complete.

Here is a bonus poster for what I am most excited about in 2009:

Star Trek

No comments: