Monday, March 24, 2008

Movie Mondays - Horton!

Hi Everybody! Welcome back, I hope you had a great Easter Weekend!

I went this weekend to see Horton Hears a Who. No, I don't have any little Titans running around. Or Teen Titans for that matter (Ha!). But I thought it looked pretty fun, and had some great actors in it.

First, let me say that I am not really a Jim Carrey fan. Never have been. It's not that I can't stand him, I just find him too over the top, and a little obnoxious. While there were a couple of times in this movie when Carrey, as Horton the Elephant, was a little too much, it wasn't annoying to me. The story and animation were cute, and followed the short Dr Suess story book about as well as I can remember. Well, you know, with an additional 80 minutes tacked on.

So, the great actors: I already mentioned Jim Carrey, a meh choice for me. However, the mayor of Whoville is played by none other than Steve Carrell. His wife? Amy Poehler. Isla Fisher is the the Who professor who determines their world may be destroyed. And Carol Burnett plays an evil Kangaroo! Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, Will Arnett, Jamie Pressly, and Niecy Nash also have small but great rolls in this film. (If you need to know who any of these actors are, and why you NEED to be following their careers, just leave a comment. I'll help you out.)

Anyway, Mrs. Titan's parents are in town visiting, so the post will be short today, but see the movie, learn about the actors above and leave a comment.

Tomorrow: Comics!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! The movie was a great one. I'm definitely putting it on my "to buy" list.

Thank you for showing the names of who the voices were. I couldn't remember a few of them!

Anonymous said...

So speaking of all of those great people, some of whom were on Freaks and Geeks, what's your take on the new movie coming out soon with a lot of them in it? Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I think it's called?

Tom the Titan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom the Titan said...

Check out my earlier post: http://tomthetitan.blogspot.com/2008/03/movie-mondays-5-movies-i-cant-wait-to.html
where I talk about it!