Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm Back Baby!

First, I want to apologize to everyone for the extended outage. I had assumed that I could get a replacement computer a lot more quickly than I really could. So, after waiting forever to get the box from FedEx, getting a non-working montior, and then waiting about a week and a half for a working monitor, I am finally good to go. I have finally moved all of our pictures and music to the new computer, played around a little with Vista (I like it), and played about an hour or five of Crysis.

I am finally ready to get back to blogging, I have missed it! For those of you new to the blog or those just needing a reminder, you can check out my daily plan for posts here.

So, today is a TV day. We're right in the middle of the summer TV slog, and I get by watching reality shows and other kinds of junk saved up on the TiVo. I also have about six weeks of Battlestar Galactica and Middleman saved up as well as three or four Stargate Atlantis's. Mrs Titan got into grad school and starts in three weeks, so I am saving them up for some lonely evenings and weekends. I have only seen the pilot episode of Middleman, but I loved it. If you haven't seen it, check it out!

I am dreaming about the new TV Season, hoping it comes back soon and has some great gems to watch and enjoy. Here are my top five new shows that I am looking forward to in the new season:

1. Crusoe
A retelling of the Robinson Crusoe story? A man shipwrecked and trapped on an island? Awesome! I think it looks fun. It's something different. A period piece with a narrative that is required to move forward. It should hinge on one actor, but the preview makes it look a little crowded. I am looking forward to it because I love tales of survival and Swiss Family Robinson was one of my favorite movies growing up, but I have my doubts that it will last more than 3 episodes.

2. Kath and Kim
This Aussie import looks bizarre. It's all about a mom and daughter who live together and a little too open with each other about everything. It sounds a little disturbing, but I think it will fit in perfectly with the rest of NBC's Thursday night shows. The other reason it looks like a lot of fun? Molly Shannon and Selma Blair.

3. Fringe
The new JJ Abrams show that looks like a cross between Alias and X-Files. That's something I can get behind as long as it isn't too creepy. I'm not all that into creepy shows, but this one looks like it can provide some great mysteries. let's just hope it doesn't fall apart like both Alias and X-Files.

4. Dollhouse
Joss Whedon. Elize Dushku. Sci Fi mindwiping. Can't get much better than this.

5. The Office "Spin-Off"
Well, it is no longer an official spin-off, just a new series by Greg Daniels (the creator of the American Office) and starring Amy Poehler and Aziz Ansari. Hopefully this can live up to the legacy of the Office. I, for one, can't wait!

No comments: