Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Love Letter

Dear TiVo,

I have already gushed all over about my love of you. I think you're great and wonderful, but I barely use any of your features. I never search for shows by actors directors or writers, I never use the "if you like that you will like this" feature, and I never allow the you to manage your own hard drive. However, a week ago I found something that tweaked my interest. Guru Guides.

Now, not just any Guru Guide. Again, I don't need someone else to recommend TV shows for me, even you, TiVo. I know what I like and what I want to watch. But, this was an Olympics Guru Guide. I could sign up, tell the you the events I was interested in watching, and you automatically recorded them for me. Awesome!

I live in Colorado Springs and went to college with more than my fair share of Olympians thanks to the Olympic Training Center here, so I wanted to check them out. Well, turns out these aren't the famous guys like Michael Phelps, they compete in some of the more unusual sports like Shooting, Modern Day Pentathlon, and Judo. Guess when those air? Yeah, 3am on MSNBC or noon on USA. I can't watch them live and I want to have to search for them. I just told you want I wanted to see and you just picked them out for me and stored them for me to watch at my leisure. You make life so easy.

Thank you for letting me watch the events I want to watch when I want to watch them. No trying to use NBCs incomprehensible website or trying to use some other guide. Thank you for being so wonderful.

Love Always,
Tom the Titan

PS. Thank you for never laughing at me for my embarrassing Season Passes like Big Brother.

No comments: