Thursday, February 28, 2008

Categories

I mentioned earlier the topics I wanted to discuss, so let me give you some idea of what I mean.

Movies:
  • What did I see most recently in theaters, and what did I think? (It was Jumper, and I was deeply saddened)
  • Why do I insist on renting old crap on Netflix just because I thought it looked cool when I was 13? (Seriously, I need help with this one)
  • I love light hearted and fun movies, and yet the best reviewed movies are always so depressing. And yet, I always watch them, even if they bore me.

Comics:

  • As opposed to the rest of the blogging community I no longer read any books set in the DCU, I only read Marvel books, join me to find out why!
  • I am the most non-critical comic book fan in the world, which could make for the most boring blog you have ever read, come enjoy it all.
  • I've been reading comics for all of 2 years now, how many new readers do you know out there? Although, after reading some other blogs out there, I sure am upset that I missed the '90s.

TV:

  • How bad did my TV addiction used to be? Think between 60 and 80 hours of taped TV plus countless hours of whatever-the-heck was on. Then I had to go get a job, and I can no longer follow the exploits of lame sitcom characters I don't care about.
  • Find out my biggest guilty pleasure! It is not The Moment of Truth on Fox, I promise. That show makes me want to hang myself.
  • How come there aren't more good comedies on TV? Are they that hard to make? And yet, My Name is Earl, The Office, and How I Met Your Mother are just about the only great comedies out there.

Books:

  • I am always reading something, and I love science fiction. I seriously can't fall asleep without reading for at least an hour.
  • I will read anything, and I mean anything by Orson Scott Card, he has a way of making me care about just about any character he has ever written.
  • Not only do I love to read, but I also love to buy books, I have an entire bookself full of about 100 books that I have yet to read.

Misc.:

  • Who are my favorite bands and how come no one else likes them? Come on people, folk and indie rock are great! How could you not love Death Cab for Cutie or Nickel Creek?
  • Video games are great and yet my computer is not, this makes me sad. Also, I had to ditch the WoW addiction with that job. There's that job again!
  • Political blog? The world needs more doesn't it? It doesn't? Oh well, I will try to keep it light, but like I said, this category is for the "rest of the crap."

Well, that's it for today, but I plan to have my first movie post up by Monday morning. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: