Monday, August 18, 2008

Number 100!

This is my hundredth post! I had no idea I could keep this up for so long! Wow! I'm surprised. Anyway, no time for celebrations (unless you want to, then take your time), this weekend I saw the last of my 5 Movies I Couldn't Wait to See.

Pineapple Express, the latest Apatow masterpiece did not disappoint. It was full of wild humor and, of course, male arrested development. The story, in a nutshell, is all about a pot smoking slacker (Seth Rogan), who witnesses a murder and goes back to his dealer (James Franco) for help. They get caught up in a violent adventure.


This movie is, at it's heart, a stoner flick. However, it is the best pot movie I have ever seen. I am not a fan of drugs, or drug use, but this movie (somewhat) shows the consequences of drug use. Or, at least the fact that you will not really be able to reach your goals. Pineapple Express is not preachy at all. It's just non-stop action and fun.

The one criticism I have is that near the end of the movie the violence becomes a little extreme and can pull you out of the movie a little. Mrs Titan thought it went overboard and I heard a woman behind us say "This is too weird." It got a little distracting for me, but was never enough to ruin the movie for me. This movie was tons of fun! Go see it!

Programming note:
Mrs Titan and I am leaving tomorrow for a six day backpacking trip into the Colorado Rockies. There will be a distinct lack of pop culture on this trip, and I will not be able to post (obviously). Assuming we survive, I will be back in about a week give-or-take a couple days.

No comments: