Friday, November 21, 2008

A Message From My Past

A couple of days ago I got an email from someone I knew years ago. I haven't talked to this person in three years, but the message was clear. It was from me! Yes, Tom the Titan, before he was Tom the Titan sent me a message through Forbes E-Mail Time Capsule. So what did Tom the Titan from three years ago have to say? Here is the email in full, honest. The text in red is my modern day responses:

Hey You,

Boy, you are a great guy! I am aren't I? You sure know how to pick a winner past me!

What have you been up to for the last three years? I graduated and I got a job and I got married and I bought a house and I started a blog!

Really? Yeah, seriously dude! Huh. That's odd. No, it's not, it's great, you're odd.

Anyway, hope things with [future Mrs Titan] are going great. They are, it worked out great! I told you it would!

She's a great girl huh? Duh, and I totally love making her read my blog and probably embarrassing her! Yeah, I know!

Anyway, you are probably all busy now with work and stuff right? Yeah, totally, and blogging, and all the crazy pop culture that we always loved!

You are working I hope! I am, and thank goodness you learned how to use question marks and commas. Idiot.

You better be, I'm counting on it! I know, cause you wasted too much money!

Are there any good shows on there in the future? Well, yeah, some. You would love HIMYM dude!

Are you still watching them? Duh, that's part of what this blog is all about. Not as many as you though, what were you at, like 40 hours a week?

At least the good ones, right? Yeah, I'm pretty much down to just the good ones now.

Do you even care about TV anymore? Yeah, but not as much as you.

Man, you've changed man, I don't even know you any more. True, I'm way cooler now.

Or maybe I do, who knows, guess we'll just see in three years. Good
luck! Things have been awesome, way to not suck it up dude!

Your Friend,

[Future Tom the Titan]

No comments: