Thursday, November 6, 2008

Break Up Time!

That's it, it's over...I can't do it any more. I have tried and tried and given it multuple chances, but that's it. I just can't bring myself to watch Heroes anymore. I realized this when I was much more interested in an article in a financial magazine about the LA Real Estate market than the show. I live in Colorado. 'Nuff said.

It started out as such a good show. Normal people get super powers and have to deal with them. The first season had a variety of powers, a super-villian, action, and even a decent mystery. I enjoyed the show even if it got a little tedious near the end.

The second season went downhill fast. The "mystery" wasn't resolved well, the super-villian was never defeated and character interactions and motivations began to make little sense. We get even more paintings about the future and more inane and boring plots. But I waited some more. I sat through it for more episodes than I should have.

Well, I just started watching the first episodes of the third season a week ago. I was watching alone because Mrs Titan had given up on the show half a season ago (I always knew she was smarter than me). I sat through three episodes. And what did I get? More paintings of the future, more time travel for no reason and with no consequences, and more pointless character interactions.

It saddens me. I love sci fi and feel that I almost have a moral imperative to watch all the sci fi I can on network TV so they will keep making it. But I just can't do it any more. I have given up on the show, deleted all of the other episodes on the TiVo and called it quits. I know someone could do this kind of show really well and I hope someone will someday, but I can't keep waiting for Heroes to live up to its potential. It has let me down too many times.

No comments: