Friday, October 3, 2008

Halloween is Coming!

Well, it's the first Friday in October, so I figured we could check out some Halloween costumes that you might be seeing around this year. Here we go:

This is supposed to be Isabella I of Castile. Did this historic queen from the late thirteenth century become famous and I missed it?





















Here is little Napoleon, so your little (aka short) boy can pretend to be a empire building dictator with a...well a Napoleon complex. Fun!





















Now, anyone who has ever searched for Halloween costumes knows that the majority of costumes for women only come in the "sexy" style. Here is the most disturbing of them. A "Sexy" Sponge Bob "costume." Who would wear this?!


















Here is another that just makes no sense to me. It's called a "shocker." Am I missing something? What is a shocker? Does this mean something dirty? I bet it does! If anyone knows leave a comment as cleanly as you can.



















Here's another women's costume that is a little weird. The "Supa Pimp Mama Plus." You know, so you can slap your gigolo around (Supa Gigolo costume sold separately).




















I think this is worst of all and will definitely give me nightmares. Seriously, this is not for the weak hearted. I am not sure why anyone would wear this and, if they did, expect to have any friends come November 1st. If I ever saw this guy I might just have to punch him square in the jaw. By the way this costume is called "Anita Waxin." Clever.
















This one may be my favorite. How cute is this little chili pepper? I know what I'm forcing my future, hypothetical ,kid to wear! Lots of pictures!






















Here is another one of the guy's costumes. Apparently the "sexy" costumes are becoming the standard for men as well. Although, this seems more pathetic and desperate than sexy. Poor guy. He must have a lonely genie.



















When I was really young I watched the Care Bears. I think most children of the '80s did. I was never one for Halloween, but if I was, I would never have chosen Grumpy Bear. He was such a downer. But check out this kid. He is so happy but his hat is so sad or angry or sarcastic or something. Great stuff!

















This is the cutest costume ever! The Lil' Stinker. Ha! Here is hypothetical kid's costume at age 2! By the way, I think the costume must come with its own stink smells 'cause look at that kid's face. Pew!



















All of these pictures are from BuyCostumes.com, the web's most popular costume store! Check them out and watch out for the sexy SpongeBob on Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe the 'shocker' and the accompanying hand-gesture is indeed a crude, sexual reference to the act of using the index and middle finger for a specific "purpose", while the pinky is used in a different, umm... location.