Friday, February 29, 2008

My OCD

Well, it's a slow day at work, so I thought I would throw up an additional post before Monday. Before I get into regular posting, I thought I needed to explain something about how I consume pop culture media.

I have an issue with doing things in order. I don't like skipping around. If I bought one book in 2002 and another in 2007, I will try to read the one from 2002 first, even if I want to read the 2007 book more. Call me crazy, but it just doesn't seen right to do that out of order.

My Netflix queue is over 400 movies long, and all the ones at the top, the ones I am currently watching, are from 2004 or so. I want to watch them in the order I put them on the queue. Reordering them is something I only do when Mrs. Titan makes me because she is tired of Sci Fi or action flicks and wants some good old fashioned drama.

I subscribe to about 8 different magazines and read each one cover-to-cover. I also read them in the order I get them. This means that the current issue of The Atlantic Monthly I am reading is October 2007. Yes, I am about 5 months behind in reading a current events publication. Great!

So, why do I bring this up on my popular culture blog? Well, because some of my posts may be about things that people don't care about any more, things that were popular 6 months ago that I am only just now getting to experience and talk about. Ideally this will bring new insights to the topic.

I will always to my best to post topics that are relevant and interesting, whether or not they are current.

No comments: