Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Quick Plug

Hey everybody! Just a quick note today. One of my favorite websites, and one of the most useful for a TV lover like me is the Futon Critic. This website has everything you may ever want to know about what is on, what might be on, and what is no longer on TV.

The site goes into great detail on new shows, cancelled shows, and any press releases from TV networks. Every day on the calendar has a list of all new shows airing on a given night, critical information for someone recording shows on a VCR or TiVoing them with only two tuners. It is nice to see what will be on and when.

Another great feature is the DevWatch section. It opens up the TV pilot season to the public. We can read about all of the comedy, drama, and reality show pilots that are in the works. This is great fun! It is cool to see what might air in the upcoming season and to find out what is going on at each network. I really hope that someday they begin a DevWatch for cable networks as well.

You can also check out the daily next day ratings, which is fun for making sure your favorite show will survive, and probably critical for anyone with a tie to network TV. There is even a great key provided to know what the heck this means: "How I Met Your Mother" (households: 6.8/10, #5, half-hour: N/A; adults 18-49: 4.6, #2, half-hour: N/A). I'm going to assume that's good, based on this quote from the site ""The Big Bang Theory," "How I Met Your Mother" continue to see their numbers surge." And, I would actually understand it if I actually read the key!

I usually use the Futon Critic for making sure my friendly TiVo is really doing what I want him to do. I love this site! Check it out and enjoy!

No comments: